Spicy Delights Biryani Masala
- 1 chicken cut up
- 3 to 4 potatoes peeled, sliced in half, add salt &fry
- 2 cups par boiled basmati rice – add 2 tsp rough salt when boiling. Drain in colander.
- Marinate chicken in the following mixture: 3 tbls crushed fried onions, 3 tbls biryani masala, 1 tsp salt, 2 tsp dry coriander,1 tsp fine cumin,1 tsp whole cumin, 3 tbls lemon juice, safron strands in boiling water, 1 tbls oil.
- Spread marinade over chicken pieces & use some for rice.
- Spread oil in a pot. Place chicken pieces & fried potato. Sprinkle a handfull of frozen peas, 3 whole green chillies, 3 cinnamon sticks, 4 to 6 black pepper corns, 4 whole cardomom.
- Leave quarter of the rice plain. Add 1 tbls oil in the marinade & mix the rest of the rice. Place over chicken spreadin to cover al the pieces. Spread plain rice over. Add 3 tbls ghee(melted butter).
- Steam biryani for 1 hour. Medium heat till steam is visible. Reduce to low heat till cooked or place in a pre heated oven on 180 degrees celcius.